"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." - Wayne Dyer

Translate

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Build Your Own Doors!

 
All throughout my life I was always told to be mindful of open doors. My parents and teachers told me to keep my eyes and ears alert because opportunities are everywhere. As a result, I did my best in school to make sure that when those opportunities presented themselves, I might be "the chosen one." However, through my experience I have realized how unproductive that way of thinking is. 

We should always strive to be our best, but because everyone is so different, my best is not the same as your best, which creates advantages in certain situations. But me being better than someone at something doesn't necessarily mean that I am more deserving than them, or vice-versa. 

If given the chance I feel that we can ALL be great at doing what we love. Not only that, but we can actually make our dreams a reality without having to rely on anyone but ourselves!

You will be surprised how successful you can be by asking yourself 3 simple questions:

STEP 1: What do you want? - The problem that most people face is confusion and indecisiveness. We don't have what we want because we have no idea what we want! When you are wading through life with no general direction, you are at least 3 times as likely to be disappointed in old age. The first major decision you must make is how you want your life to turn out, or what kind of things you want to achieve. 




STEP 2: How can you get it? - Once you know what you want to do, the next task would be creating a plan of action. This is usually where people give up. It is common to think that you are too poor, or not smart enough, or not skilled enough to do what you wish you could. I am here to tell you that there is always a way around a road block, and there is always an advantage to every situation. Over the summer when I had free time because I was not in school, I saw that as an opportunity to write a book. When I had the miscarriage, I saw my experience as an opportunity to share my story with other women passing through a similar experience in hopes of offering them support. When it comes to making a plan of action, the key word is PERSPECTIVE. If you have a positive open minded perspective, it becomes easier to find a path to your destiny, no matter your circumstances. 




STEP 3: What does life look like now that you have it? - After you know what you want, and how you are going to get there, the next component is visualizing it. I recommend spending 15 minutes to an hour each day imagining what your life will be like once you are living up to your true potential. If you dream of traveling the world, but you lack the finances, find a way to travel on your budget (absolutely possible with so many resources available to us) and then visualize yourself on an airplane, or in front of the Eiffel Tower. Its like daydreaming on steroids! The mind is a powerful thing, not to be underestimated, that can make our life as amazing as we imagine it to be, with a little elbow grease of course. 


The sky is the limit! 
The only one who determines if you fail or succeed is YOU!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Comment