"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." - Wayne Dyer

Translate

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Much Needed "Me Time"


This time of year has to be one of the most stressful of all. On top of everything else you normally do, add making lists of things to get people, shopping for hours, cooking for hours, extra holiday cleaning, and so on for what seems like forever! 

I don't know about you, but all of the additional little tasks have me pretty tightly wound. It can be more difficult than ever to find time for yourself, to relax, which makes it more important than ever! Sleep is simply not enough anymore, as I find myself waking up sore and stiff.  

In order to feel better throughout the day we have to focus on establishing a time of rest for our bodies and souls. 

Fortunately there are 3 minor things that we can do to keep our batteries fully charged!

1. Devotional first thing in the morning - What is the first thing that comes to mind when you wake up in the morning? Usually, a long list of things you have to get done! What if, you turned off those automatic reminders, and tuned in to the Lord? Instead of casting all of those burdens and worries on to your own shoulders, remember that God is present and in control of EVERY situation. He cares about the things that trouble us throughout the day! Upon waking up, pray, and ask him to help you to relax, because He has it all in His capable hands. I like to use the YouVersion Bible App because it has endless devotions to help you listen to, and become aware of what God is trying to tell you today; which is far more important than what you will have for breakfast.

youversion bible from play.google.com



2. Stretch!!! - As I mentioned before, I have recently found myself waking up in worse shape than I was in when I went to sleep! The stresses of work, home life, and these end-of-year holidays have finally caught up to me. As a result, I found relief in an extremely mild daily exercise. If yoga is not your thing (it is definitely NOT mine) stretching works just as well! I found a video that works for me on YouTube; it is the first thing I do after my time with the Lord and it has gradually been loosening my tight muscles! 


3. Do something mindless - No, I don't mean go out and do something crazy and reckless just because you can! By mindless, I mean, do something that does not required much though or concentration, something that makes you feel good! I like to buy a cheap fun color of nail polish (97 cents for NYC Color at Walmart) to do my nails. It is easy, relaxing, and it forces me to stop for a minute to recollect my tranquility. It also makes me feel pretty! If you don't like to do your nails, pick your favorite song and listen to it without doing anything else. Close your eyes, and enjoy yourself!

 


When life gets overwhelming take a few steps back, and a couple hundred deep breaths! 
Things always get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Comment