"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." - Wayne Dyer

Translate

Thursday, October 30, 2014

DIY Baby Food

As a young mother, I know better than anyone how difficult in can be to save money. Kids are their own people, and they come with their own needs and expenses. One way Pedro and I have managed to save HUNDREDS of dollars is by making our own baby food!

What I do is make our regular meals (lunch and dinner), I add about a cup of each dish, then I add a cup and a half of water and I blend it up in the Magic Bullet to the desired consistency.  I have been using the regular spices that the meal calls for ever since Nico started on mashed solids at about 6 months, and I have had no health problems (food allergies, upset stomach, etc.) with it at all! 

Best of all is that Nico loves it just as much as he likes Gerber. He has tried a variety of different meals which helped me avoid encouraging picky eating habits, and allows him to get all kinds of vitamins and minerals from diverse sources! 

Today for lunch he enjoyed Parmesan Crab Cake Bites with Cheddar Pasta and Beats! For dessert he had Cinnamon Banana Puree!

The recipes are simple:

Parmesan Crab Cake Bites with Cheddar Pasta and Beats


1 cup cheddar pasta
5 crab cake bites
1 half can of beats
1 1/2 cups of water
Mix all ingredients together and blend to desired consistency. 

Cinnamon Banana Puree


1 1/2 table spoons of cinnamon
3 bananas 
1 cup of milk
Mix all ingredients together and blend to desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Comment