"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." - Wayne Dyer

Translate

Sunday, October 19, 2014

The Learning Box: Teaching Baby!


Over the week I began to notice how fast Nico is growing! It seems like he learns something new everyday and I usually am not the one to teach it to him. These early years are when babies learn the most, this is the time when their brains are still forming important connections. I read that in one private learning preschool, 12 - 18 month old's were already peeling their own fruit and throwing away their trash!

The problem is teaching materials and preschools these days are kind of expensive! A few board books can cost as much as 40 dollars. 

As an alternative to fancy schools and simple books, I decided to try it myself.

After doing some research, I learned that toddlers who are 12 months and older can learn a multitude of things! They can identify shapes, numbers, letters, colors, and they can even distinguish between different emotions! 

It only took me and hour and a hand full of materials to put together this Learning Box for Nico. If you have older kids, you can even have them help you create this and make it a family project. After I drew and cut out all of the figures (obviously not perfect) I took everything to be laminated at Office Depot ($20)

The result; he loves it! 

Each day we spend 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes after nap time learning new things! 

He knows where to get his Learning Box and he knows how to put it away! 

His favorite thing to do is pull things out, put them in, and open and close the lid of the box. Through this he has also learned to throw things away, though we are still trying to teach him the difference between trash and toys! 
 





Over all I think that both parents and children will enjoy the time spent together using the Learning Box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Comment