"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." - Wayne Dyer

Translate

Monday, October 27, 2014

REAL Proof That God Exists

From the time that I found out I was going to have Nico when I was 18 years old, all I did was worry. People tend to make the mistake of assuming that because a girl is in her late teens, she is more mature in her ability to deal with the situation. 

I assure you that I was not. 

Pedro was unemployed, I only had a part time job, we were living in my mother's house, we were not married, and I was only in my second year of college. I honestly thought my life was over. I would have to quit school to get a full time job to be able to afford a place to live and all the things that a baby needed. Now, I realize that I should have had more faith, but I couldn't see past the things that society had told me about teenage mothers my entire life. 

I was terrified

But, Jesus really did come to our rescue. I don't mean that I prayed and some how found the strength, (it took MANY weeks of prayer for that to come) I mean that He literally rescued us! Real time, in our tangible world, He was doing things for Pedro and me that we could physically see! 

First of all, we found out about my pregnancy around Christmas time. What a wonderful present! 

Then, around the time of January, my mother received a large payment of back child support owed from my father, and she gave Pedro and I enough of it to get married and have a mini honeymoon in Disney World! 

AND, she agreed to pay the rent of our apartment if I agreed to stay in school and graduate! (I already had a full scholarship) 

Almost immediately, upon returning from our vacation Pedro found a secure full time job, and I with my part time job, it fit our needs almost perfectly! 

And on top of all this STILL God was working in our lives. As if all of that wasn't enough, He sent us absolutely EVERYTHING we would need for Nico for free

The clothes, the lotions, the books, the furniture for his room, the toys, the bottles, the bathtub; we did not need to buy diapers for Nico for the first 3 months of his life! It was incredibly mind blowing to me how He was there for us, even when we had such little faith. 

The most recent donation!
 
Amazingly, even now, He is still showering us with love and gifts. 
We STILL have not had to buy any clothes for Nico, over a year later! As he grows, generous loving people give us clothes that have been lightly used and that are in almost new conditions! Pants, shirts, sweaters, jackets, hats, socks, even shoes!


He even sent it to us according to my style taste! Look at how CUTE this outfit is!!

Received Sunday (Yesterday) 
 
I am sharing this testimony for the benefit of anyone who believes that Jesus is only an abstract idea. 

I want people to know that being unable to see Him, doesn't mean He can't see us! People think that God is far away in heaven, or that He has left us, but He hasn't, and I am giving you real live proof that He never will. 

If you ever doubted that He cares about us, this should put those doubts to rest. If He did this for me, He will do it for you. 

Why?

Because He loves us all the same, and He wants to bless us, even when we resist His love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Comment